Bay Area Nooks

For about a year, or maybe even two my only goto-spot in the bay area was the golden gate. It still is. I picked it from all the touristy spots I did rounds of when I was new to the area. Slowly I've started to explore other directions, and I find more nooks free from the crowds and just as awe inspiring as my favorite bridge.


Pigeon Point Lighthouse

 Along the mostly secluded drive along Highway 1 that goes north from Santa Cruz toward San Frnacisco lies many spots. One such is the pigeon point lighthouse.

 A lighthouse at the edge of the cliffs, a walk on the trail battling the winds and watching the cold waters rush against the dark rocks can be surprisingly tranquil.


Bernal Heights, San Francisco

A view like few others, from the Golden Gate to the SF bay.



















Coastal Diaries park

A little north of Santa Cruz is an awesome stretch of Highway 1 running right along the Pacific coastal cliffs. A spot free of tourists and open for exploration by locals!

   
Plenty of spots to sit back, enjoy a cup of coffee and the sound of crashing waves

Walk the trails with fields of spring flowers on one side,
and the cliff and pacific along the other















Comments

Popular Posts